Our lips are one of the most prominent features of our face. If there is something not quite right with them, everyone will notice and it will affect your overall appearance too. Of course no one wants that. Some times we wake up to swollen lips and have no idea what’s happening. If that happens to you, we are sharing some natural treatments that will help you fix your swollen lips problem.
What can Cause Swollen Lips
Firstly to treat something, you need to know the causes. There are a lot of causes of the swelling of the lips. So let us begin with them first.
- Cut or injury
- Infection of any sort
- Insect bite
- Extreme conditions of climate
How To Get Rid Of Swollen Lips?
There are a lot of remedies which can help resolve this issue. Let us look into a couple of them.
Use Ice Cubes
- Soft washcloth
- A couple of ice cubes
- First of all, you need to wrap the ice cubes in the soft washcloth so that you hold easily. Now rub it gently over the area which is swollen for almost ten minutes.
Why Does It help?
It will help because the ice will help in the relaxation of the vessels. The blood flow will be smoothened easily.
Apply Turmeric Powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Cold water
- 1 tbsp of fullers earth
- This will make a herbal treatment for this issue. The process of treatment is very simple. All you need to do is to mix the turmeric powder and fullers earth.
- Then add cold water to them.
- Now you need to apply it to the swollen area.
- You need to let it settle and dry for some time.
- After that wash it with lukewarm water.
Why Does It help?
The turmeric powder s rich in anti-inflammatory compounds. Which will, in turn, reduce the swelling. It is amazing for its antiseptic properties to heal the wounds.